Naruto: Rogue Element
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Features

3 posters

Go down

New Features Empty New Features

Post by ShadowHeart Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:19 am

Now, I'm making this post not for the sake of that these features ARE going to come, but that it's more of an idea board for me to tack things onto and let you all know what I'm thinking, and maybe get your thoughts on those things, but more than that, let you all know what is going on on a Dev side of things.

So, First I guess I'll present things that are currently known, which is:

• We are building a whole new map from scratch (yaaaaaay) on a fresh module to give a new look. This is currently being working on by xXMcNinjaXx right now. So thanks to him for that undertaking.
  • We are uping the dmg and CP costs for techniques. This I'm sure worries some of you, but I assure you that we don't want to scare you (at least I don't anyways). This is just to accomidate things towards a more "lore" friendly standpoint. I put quotes around "lore" because we are not attempting to make a completely lore friendly server, but having an S-Rank actually feel impactful to both your opponent, and your own CP pool is important. Gives them more impact, and now won't be thrown around 5 or 6 times just to feel like you are doing some damage.
  • Establishing a "value" for a Token. It's no mystery that some things are just better than others for their token cost, it's a problem that has plauged servers for many a years and while there is no "perfect" solution (Sometimes what is "better" just varies from person to person and they're play style.) we are going to try to create a "Token Standard" so that if you are all getting your tokens worth.
  • Stat changes, we primarily are aiming for a less single staty approach that will put more play styles on equal footing, making varying playstyles more plausible.
  • Genjutsu will require an "element" similar to medical. Granted this is not a guarenteed change just yet, it is one that is more than likely going to happen just due to the fact that it just kinda makes sense. Frankly if Medical is going to force a slot, why not Gen?
  • Universal Cost System, not to be confused with the "Token Standard" but we will be establishing a way that all techniques will follow a guideline in cost. I know this has been done in previous servers and many people quake at the dread of losing creativity in techniques. But I want to assure you now that will not be the case. You are still free to create any technique your little heart desires, but deciding what it does, will dictate the rank and cost of the technique. With any luck, gone will be the days of making a technique whose PvP effect is the same as another, but yours costs more CP.
  • New Clans and Bloodlines!!! Yes, we will be working on creating new clans and bloodlines for the New Map, to help aid with the fresh view.(If you have any ideas, feel free to submit them to me and we'll see if we can work them in. Smile)

I believe that concludes the list of things we know we are going to be doing, which brings me to things we are thinking about doing:

• Redoing the learning system. I'll be honest, theres actually nothing wrong with the learning system, but it just feels... I dunno... bland. But maybe that's just me, feel free to tell me your opinions below.
  • Specific ACNs. This is one that I know will kinda sway from person to person, which is one of the reasons we are only thinking about it. And what I mean by specific ACN's is that we all know that Wind/Water is the Ice Nature, but currently with the way things are someone could make it be some other Nature as well. By Making ACN's Specific, combining Wind/Water will always make an Ice ACN.
  • Removal of Old Clans and bloodlines. Now, we won't be removing all of them, and we are for sure going to be removing some of them, but we aren't 100% sure which ones yet, which is why I'm putting it here in this section.
  • More Uses for skills!!! This has been bubbling around for a while, but why not give the other skills available to us a purpose, to help us further build an identity for our characters.

I believe that's all we have as a team atleast partly sorted. But I'm also going to post some things here that are ideas I have that we may do. (I'm posting them here before discussing this with the team, so you will be finding out these things same as them) Let me reiterate though These are specifically ideas that I have and are in no way intended to reflect the views of the team or changes that are going to come to the server. But now that I have that disclaimer out of the way, lets begin.

• Mastery System!!! Which would be bundled along with our learning system (either the current one if we keep it, or a new one) and would take place with 5 different stages of mastery. Currently with the way I have this bubbling in my head would mean that you would be learning a technique multiples times (I know, I feel like I can hear some of you groaning already) and it would give you listed benefits for that technique based on your mastery level

1. Competence: Most basic form of learning the technique, which would give you no benefit past knowing it, argueably a small penalty.
    2. Proficiency: This would be the most commonly known use for most techniques, and would be what I consider for most people to know if they are going to use it frequently.
    3. Advanced Proficiency: Taking it a step further than proficiency, this is when you would start seeing some of the benefits of continued practice of a technique, and when you would start seeing limitations to how many you can have at this Stage of Mastery.
    4. Specialization: Second to last Stage of Mastery, where you would start seeing possibly some passive benefits to yourself for using the technique, or maybe other people. Would also be even more limited than Advanced Proficiency in Number.
    5. Mastery: The final step of Mastery is, obviously, Mastery itself, you are the say all and do all on how this technique is performed, and likely no one would be able to best you with it. This Stage of Mastery would be the most restricted in that you would only be able to have a few.

This all bubbles around and can do more to building a unique identity to your characters that I think would be fun. :3

• Specializations!!! Or, really, in a way, a revamp of the Jobs System! Which would result in more specific identies for your characters!! I don't have this fleshed out fully just yet, but I've been fiddling with it, and when I get something I'm happy with I'll drop it on you guys, or I'll give up on it. It really depends.
  • Additional Technique Classifications!! With what feels like 75% of the techniques on here being labeled as just plainly Ninjutsu, it gives an edge to Ninjutsuist in the variability in what they can do (Standardly Anyways) But we can change some of those into other things like Buff techniques, Oh man the buff techniques. Argueably my favorite technique, but they are all labeled as Ninjutsu, still. So why not give them a new label like Chakra Focus Techniques (It obviously needs a cooler name, but hey, I am just spitballing around in my head right now) It would give a new use to techniques that are obviously not your standard offensive techniques, and could be learned differently.
  • Moar Ninjy Tools!! Which is pretty self explainitory. There really is quite the lack of strategy building for combat right now, and I feel that the addition of more tools could possibly fill that gap.
  • Minor ACN's!!! This would be kinda a complicated thing to figure out, but a minor ACN wouldn't really be an ACN at all. Most higher ranking characters have multiple elements, but we can't mix them unless we have "Special Natures" which we wouldn't want to take away from those special people. But A Jounin should be able to mix their elements on a very minor level I would think, giving them access to lower ranking ACN techniques, but being bared from the REALLY cool stuff, but that could just be me.
  • New Student/Teacher relationship bonuses!! Something I'd like to see implimented in some way is a form of relationship bonus, which will be difficult to keep track of, so it likely will be restricted to maybe squad and teacher/student but it would give atleast a little bit more depth to dealing with a squad that is supposed to have exceptional teamwork.

Well those are all the things I can think of right now, but give me your thoughts!!! What do you want to see on the "Up and Coming" server changes? What are your thoughts on what we are doing or thinking about doing? What do you think of what I want to do? All opinions are welcome!!! And all feedback is useful. (Unless you think everything should stay as is... then I will gladly roll you into a ditch. :3)
ShadowHeart
ShadowHeart

Back to top Go down

New Features Empty Re: New Features

Post by Sakura Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:41 pm

• We are building a whole new map from scratch (yaaaaaay) on a fresh module to give a new look. This is currently being working on by xXMcNinjaXx right now. So thanks to him for that undertaking.
  • We are uping the dmg and CP costs for techniques. This I'm sure worries some of you, but I assure you that we don't want to scare you (at least I don't anyways). This is just to accomidate things towards a more "lore" friendly standpoint. I put quotes around "lore" because we are not attempting to make a completely lore friendly server, but having an S-Rank actually feel impactful to both your opponent, and your own CP pool is important. Gives them more impact, and now won't be thrown around 5 or 6 times just to feel like you are doing some damage.
  • Establishing a "value" for a Token. It's no mystery that some things are just better than others for their token cost, it's a problem that has plauged servers for many a years and while there is no "perfect" solution (Sometimes what is "better" just varies from person to person and they're play style.) we are going to try to create a "Token Standard" so that if you are all getting your tokens worth.
  • Stat changes, we primarily are aiming for a less single staty approach that will put more play styles on equal footing, making varying playstyles more plausible.
  • Genjutsu will require an "element" similar to medical. Granted this is not a guarenteed change just yet, it is one that is more than likely going to happen just due to the fact that it just kinda makes sense. Frankly if Medical is going to force a slot, why not Gen?
  • Universal Cost System, not to be confused with the "Token Standard" but we will be establishing a way that all techniques will follow a guideline in cost. I know this has been done in previous servers and many people quake at the dread of losing creativity in techniques. But I want to assure you now that will not be the case. You are still free to create any technique your little heart desires, but deciding what it does, will dictate the rank and cost of the technique. With any luck, gone will be the days of making a technique whose PvP effect is the same as another, but yours costs more CP.
  • New Clans and Bloodlines!!! Yes, we will be working on creating new clans and bloodlines for the New Map, to help aid with the fresh view.(If you have any ideas, feel free to submit them to me and we'll see if we can work them in. Smile)

New Map: Seems good I guess. Hopefully with map pins and some rhyme or reason to it.

Increase in Dmg/CP Cost: Hopefully this still remains reasonable. "S-Rank" doesn't mean instantly kill everyone.  If a Jounin fires an S-Rank at another Jounin, they -should- be skilled enough not to die in one shot, but it should be strong enough to be plausibly crippling to get hit. Instant death would be definitely possible for lower class Ninja.

Token Value: Yes Please!

Stat Changes: Stat token costs as well? Because that's really where things hit a stumbling block. You generally can't be "diverse" at low levels due to the massive token cost of ability scores at Genin/Chuunin, and it's often best just to wait it out until Jounin so you don't "waste" tokens. Because you might spend 120 tokens for +4 to a single stat, or buy a shiny new cool ability.

The sheer number of tokens to be ABLE to do more than one stat is absurdly high, otherwise I'm sure more people would be diverse in their ability scores. If you're changing the Ability scores, consider changing the Token Costs as well as perhaps closing the gap a little between the various ranks.

Genjutsu Change: Genjutsu is the only stat that uses Intelligence. Medical takes a slot because it is VERY strong to have the ability to heal in combat. Genjutsu is only valuable if you do happen to have a high intelligence. Genjutsu requiring a slot will most likely make it so that no one uses it unless they actually specialize in its use. So, if that's your intent then yes, this seems viable I guess? Still requires token costs for ability scores to be nicer or it's irrelevant. (Because Intelligence is the only stat used for it).

Universal Cost System: Yes, please! This is really a problem. I looked at the Red Wind jutsu that requires both Katon and Fuuton, costs 2 CP more. The jutsu deals 2 extra damage overall for these costs and requirements. So silly.

New Clans/Bloodlines: Uhm.. Okay I guess? Don't really have much here.

I believe that concludes the list of things we know we are going to be doing, which brings me to things we are thinking about doing:

• Redoing the learning system. I'll be honest, theres actually nothing wrong with the learning system, but it just feels... I dunno... bland. But maybe that's just me, feel free to tell me your opinions below.
  • Specific ACNs. This is one that I know will kinda sway from person to person, which is one of the reasons we are only thinking about it. And what I mean by specific ACN's is that we all know that Wind/Water is the Ice Nature, but currently with the way things are someone could make it be some other Nature as well. By Making ACN's Specific, combining Wind/Water will always make an Ice ACN.
  • Removal of Old Clans and bloodlines. Now, we won't be removing all of them, and we are for sure going to be removing some of them, but we aren't 100% sure which ones yet, which is why I'm putting it here in this section.
  • More Uses for skills!!! This has been bubbling around for a while, but why not give the other skills available to us a purpose, to help us further build an identity for our characters.

New Learning System: Uhm, sure? Something that hopefully isn't repetitive and boring to deal with. I personally hate RPing using a technique with random degrees of success.
ACNs: Uhm, sure. Cover them all. Realize you'll stll get unique ways of using something. Lava Release for example is a very diverse style.
Removal of Old Clans/Bloodlines: Erm.. I don't know. I guess it depends on your story, but some people still enjoy them.
Skills: Sure. Just keep in mind the skill points of a particular class. Rogue and Monk are used frequently. i wouldn't use every NWN skill, but may be 10 or 12 of them.

I believe that's all we have as a team atleast partly sorted. But I'm also going to post some things here that are ideas I have that we may do. (I'm posting them here before discussing this with the team, so you will be finding out these things same as them) Let me reiterate though These are specifically ideas that I have and are in no way intended to reflect the views of the team or changes that are going to come to the server. But now that I have that disclaimer out of the way, lets begin.

• Mastery System!!! Which would be bundled along with our learning system (either the current one if we keep it, or a new one) and would take place with 5 different stages of mastery. Currently with the way I have this bubbling in my head would mean that you would be learning a technique multiples times (I know, I feel like I can hear some of you groaning already) and it would give you listed benefits for that technique based on your mastery level

1. Competence: Most basic form of learning the technique, which would give you no benefit past knowing it, argueably a small penalty.
    2. Proficiency: This would be the most commonly known use for most techniques, and would be what I consider for most people to know if they are going to use it frequently.
    3. Advanced Proficiency: Taking it a step further than proficiency, this is when you would start seeing some of the benefits of continued practice of a technique, and when you would start seeing limitations to how many you can have at this Stage of Mastery.
    4. Specialization: Second to last Stage of Mastery, where you would start seeing possibly some passive benefits to yourself for using the technique, or maybe other people. Would also be even more limited than Advanced Proficiency in Number.
    5. Mastery: The final step of Mastery is, obviously, Mastery itself, you are the say all and do all on how this technique is performed, and likely no one would be able to best you with it. This Stage of Mastery would be the most restricted in that you would only be able to have a few.

This all bubbles around and can do more to building a unique identity to your characters that I think would be fun. :3

This seems really cool and gives us the feel of specializing in our preferred combat styles, this however is sort of contradictory to what you want to do with ability s cores, but okay.

• Specializations!!! Or, really, in a way, a revamp of the Jobs System! Which would result in more specific identies for your characters!! I don't have this fleshed out fully just yet, but I've been fiddling with it, and when I get something I'm happy with I'll drop it on you guys, or I'll give up on it. It really depends.

Erm. Sure. Please make sure there is something for typical Combat ninja as well if you can? I know my current character is one, but there is no job perk for doing so.

• Additional Technique Classifications!! With what feels like 75% of the techniques on here being labeled as just plainly Ninjutsu, it gives an edge to Ninjutsuist in the variability in what they can do (Standardly Anyways) But we can change some of those into other things like Buff techniques, Oh man the buff techniques. Argueably my favorite technique, but they are all labeled as Ninjutsu, still. So why not give them a new label like Chakra Focus Techniques (It obviously needs a cooler name, but hey, I am just spitballing around in my head right now) It would give a new use to techniques that are obviously not your standard offensive techniques, and could be learned differently.

I don't really see any need for this. They're Ninjutsu, giving them some other name doesn't really change what they are fundamentally. Maybe Chakra Control at times as well, but overall it's Ninjutsu.

• Moar Ninjy Tools!! Which is pretty self explainitory. There really is quite the lack of strategy building for combat right now, and I feel that the addition of more tools could possibly fill that gap.

Tools are limited use items per battle that have little effect on combat at higher levels of play, that's why they don't get used. Or there are just better options.

• Minor ACN's!!! This would be kinda a complicated thing to figure out, but a minor ACN wouldn't really be an ACN at all. Most higher ranking characters have multiple elements, but we can't mix them unless we have "Special Natures" which we wouldn't want to take away from those special people. But A Jounin should be able to mix their elements on a very minor level I would think, giving them access to lower ranking ACN techniques, but being bared from the REALLY cool stuff, but that could just be me.

Don't.. really get what you're trying to accomplish here.

• New Student/Teacher relationship bonuses!! Something I'd like to see implimented in some way is a form of relationship bonus, which will be difficult to keep track of, so it likely will be restricted to maybe squad and teacher/student but it would give atleast a little bit more depth to dealing with a squad that is supposed to have exceptional teamwork.

Problem with this being timezones.

Overall a lot of good ideas. Just pointing out possible issues or just my general thoughts. Not intending to offend or upset, so I apologize if it comes across that way.

Sakura

Back to top Go down

Post by Osamodas Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:59 am

Here's my input/$0.02 on some of the ideas that have piqued my interest.

ShadowHeart wrote:Now, I'm making this post not for the sake of that these features ARE going to come, but that it's more of an idea board for me to tack things onto and let you all know what I'm thinking, and maybe get your thoughts on those things, but more than that, let you all know what is going on on a Dev side of things.

So, First I guess I'll present things that are currently known, which is:

• We are building a whole new map from scratch (yaaaaaay) on a fresh module to give a new look. This is currently being working on by xXMcNinjaXx right now. So thanks to him for that undertaking. Having a new layout is good in showing how the world has moved on from what is currently present. Like Wind country could use the snow desert terrain to illustrate the appearance of glass. The inhabitants, if they survived, have turned a disaster into something that they allows them to thrive.
  • Stat changes, we primarily are aiming for a less single staty approach that will put more play styles on equal footing, making varying playstyles more plausible. Honestly? Drop the DF in stats completely. Because there are plenty of ways to get the same bonus types and not have a single point in certain stats. Or allow stats to have a conditional effect with them such as a player with high Dex can apply their Str dmg bonus to their Actives rather than making a Passive that grants subbing?
  • Genjutsu will require an "element" similar to medical. Granted this is not a guarenteed change just yet, it is one that is more than likely going to happen just due to the fact that it just kinda makes sense. Frankly if Medical is going to force a slot, why not Gen? I'm hoping you're meaning that Genjutsu gain access to the cardinal elements like Ninjutsu. Medical is a sub-category of Ninjutsu by my understanding for as long as I have been playing. Sadly adding elemental properties to Genjutsu will only add flair to the effect. Less the staff can establish common effects that each element can add to Technique/Actives. Like Earth gives Tai DR vs Universal HP Dmg, Ken gets DR Pierce and perhaps Gen gains Negatives to stat rolls for a short time
  • New Clans and Bloodlines!!! Yes, we will be working on creating new clans and bloodlines for the New Map, to help aid with the fresh view.(If you have any ideas, feel free to submit them to me and we'll see if we can work them in. Smile) Truthfully? No more adding clans. Better off simply having base abilities and let players go nuts with what ever bell and whistle they want instead of having clans that are obviously or even secretly stronger than others of the same supposed price.

• Redoing the learning system. I'll be honest, theres actually nothing wrong with the learning system, but it just feels... I dunno... bland. But maybe that's just me, feel free to tell me your opinions below. Every attempted tried has ended up failing in some form or another. If I were to suggest? Either make it so players auto learn them by paying for techniques with tokens. Limit based on staff approval. Or do as it was done in one server and go free form with the learning. Meaning the teacher/student decides on how the technique is learned as long as it's within reason and posted on the forums via screenshot.
  • Specific ACNs. This is one that I know will kinda sway from person to person, which is one of the reasons we are only thinking about it. And what I mean by specific ACN's is that we all know that Wind/Water is the Ice Nature, but currently with the way things are someone could make it be some other Nature as well. By Making ACN's Specific, combining Wind/Water will always make an Ice ACN. This one is going to crash and burn. I say that because I have gotten into an arguement with someone else who played the same ACN but we both used different base elements. (Ex: Metal = Earth + Fire or Lightning. Or (Ex: Earth + Fire = Metal or Lava
  • Removal of Old Clans and bloodlines. Now, we won't be removing all of them, and we are for sure going to be removing some of them, but we aren't 100% sure which ones yet, which is why I'm putting it here in this section. This feels counterproductive. Lets either add or eliminate.
  • More Uses for skills!!! This has been bubbling around for a while, but why not give the other skills available to us a purpose, to help us further build an identity for our characters. Yes to more skills but this will depend on how you're wanting to approach this. Through NWN or a custom system? I don't feel that using NWN would be a good idea as you'd really be forcing players to invest levels into rogue access to most of the skills in the game. Plus shinobi shouldn't be good at everything. My idea is would be to use the skill system present in DND 5th. Clans get a list of five or so skills and the player picks any two skills. Then they get an extra one to two skills based on their job/career. Their bonus would be based on their character level divided by five.

• Moar Ninjy Tools!! Which is pretty self explainitory. There really is quite the lack of strategy building for combat right now, and I feel that the addition of more tools could possibly fill that gap. If people want more toys then nothing really stopping them from doing it.
  • Minor ACN's!!! This would be kinda a complicated thing to figure out, but a minor ACN wouldn't really be an ACN at all. Most higher ranking characters have multiple elements, but we can't mix them unless we have "Special Natures" which we wouldn't want to take away from those special people. But A Jounin should be able to mix their elements on a very minor level I would think, giving them access to lower ranking ACN techniques, but being bared from the REALLY cool stuff, but that could just be me. You should just GODAI in the worst possible manner! Aaannnd now that I've gotten that dead horse off my chest. But back to the matter at hand. You're either going to have ACN or not. Otherwise then you're better off being a G.o.d.a.i.
  • New Student/Teacher relationship bonuses!! Something I'd like to see implimented in some way is a form of relationship bonus, which will be difficult to keep track of, so it likely will be restricted to maybe squad and teacher/student but it would give atleast a little bit more depth to dealing with a squad that is supposed to have exceptional teamwork. RL has never been kind to the server. So this won't work too well.

Well those are all the things I can think of right now, but give me your thoughts!!! What do you want to see on the "Up and Coming" server changes? What are your thoughts on what we are doing or thinking about doing? What do you think of what I want to do? All opinions are welcome!!! And all feedback is useful. (Unless you think everything should stay as is... then I will gladly roll you into a ditch. :3)

Osamodas
Osamodas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum